aclp

aclp

January 4, 2011

Christmas Day

We went over to my parent's house in the afternoon on Christmas Day.


We all chuckled to see that almost everyone at the Barker household was still in their pajamas and some had not showered yet.


Too many exciting things to do I suppose!

We opened our presents from my parents and they opened up our gifts to them, and we all sat around in the family room as we always do, and opened them one at a time.


AJ received a tent this year from mom and dad. They sent the actual tent to Utah, so my mom made a little puzzle for him to figure out what his present was.

It was a tricky puzzle, but I think mom must have known he needed a break from all his hard studying from this past semester. I am glad he figured it out!



My parent's gave me a sewing machine this year.

Like the tent, they shipped it to Utah, so my mom put a little note inside a bag telling me what I got. The last time I have sewn was in the 7th grade during my home and family class, and it is a talent I have been wanting to work on.

It is a little intimidating, but I hope I can learn a few things.


Oh, and if you see me, and notice my wedding ring is a tad bit more "blingy" it's because another gift from AJ was a new "fake" ring to wear when it's cold out.

I have found that my fingers shrink in the cold, and instead of resizing my ring every winter, I usually don't wear it that often in fear of it flying off at the grocery store. I have been wanting to get a fake ring to just wear around when my real ring doesn't fit properly, so I was so happy when AJ surprised  me with a ring that looks almost exactly like my original!


Try to ignore my middle finger, I soooo did not mean to do that.

The rest of the day was spent playing games, and eating a delicious meal. Lyla had fun running around the house and going up the stairs. But by the end of it all, she was pooped out.


Christmas 2010 was a huge success. We  missed the Ford family terribly, and it wasn't the same without them, but we are grateful that we had Daniel and Charbel and Benji with us this year, and also that the newlyweds took a break from their time alone together to join us.

Christmas is the best when spent with family and those you love.

We are so lucky to be surrounded by so much of it.

3 comments:

Mars said...

Christmas day lounging around in pjs & opening presents is the best! That's awesome you got a sewing maching! I've kind of been sewing...I made my duvet and pillows for my bed, burp clothes, an apron, and then headbands but I want to start learning how to sew clothes. This so random, but I want to sew some of my own clothes as I often have an idea in my head of something cute but can never find it at the store. We'll see how that works out. I wish we could sew/learn together lol!

Diana said...

What a fun recap! I still laugh about when you opened your "fake wedding ring!" lol It was so much fun having you guys here for so long =)

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

Just so everyone knows, I had showered and gotten dressed by the time they got there...haha.

It was so fun to have everyone there this year! HOpefully we can see you guys soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails