aclp

aclp

April 14, 2018

small tender mercy



Two days ago I lost my favorite sun glasses. 


I had been looking for them religiously and was starting to be sad that they were lost.

 I even  got on Amazon to see if I could find another pair only to find that they were out of stock and probably not coming back.

I know this is a real first world problem!

I am fully aware of how petty this problem sounds- especially considering all the other stuff going on in our life right now.

But it mattered to me- however vain or insignificant it sounds.

So, it had been a few days of trying to find them, and it was adding a little bit more stress to my life and it was really starting to annoy me.

This morning I decided to say a quick prayer that I might be able to find them and that I would know where to look for them.

For the next 20 minutes or so I went about my day, cleaning things up around the living room. I opened our hall closet to move a rug out of the way and decided to pick up some of the boots that had fallen over in the closet.

That's when I leaned down and saw my sunglasses laying on my boots!

Less than 20 minutes after say that prayer I found my glasses- and even though it sounds like something small- it was a small miracle that I  needed, to know that Heavenly Father is aware of me.

I knew right away that me finding those glasses was specifically for me to know that He is watching over me, that He knows my wants and desires and this was a tender mercy in my life to remind me that is He in every detail.

How I wish every prayer I said was answered this specifically and quickly and with the outcome that I want.

I know that many things we pray for are far more important that lost sun glasses.  But knowing God answered this prayer just reminds me that he is also answering every other prayer in the right time table, too.

With all the stuff going on in my mind, and the fact that I woke up today feeling very stressed and overwhelmed with life and responsibilities that I have- I needed this simple  miracle today.



1 comment:

Diana said...

Awwww! I just love this story and your insights from it =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails