aclp

aclp

February 17, 2010

jackpot

I have never been obsessed with purses or bags.

I do love to own them, and almost always have to have one with me at all time, but I would never say I have to have the perfect bag.

That being said, I do find myself tiring of whatever purse I am using at the moment, after three or four months of use. It is then that I go through my collection of bags and find one that I haven't used in a while.

Sometimes I am even lucky enough to find a new purse on clearance at Target (which would really only classify me as someone who loves new things and loves Target, not necessarily purses).

My least favorite part about using a different purse, is the chore of transferring everything out of my old bag, over to the new one. I tend to collect a lot of stuff in my purse, and it really is tedious to take everything out, and to figure out what pockets to use for each item.

I usually end up only transferring over my wallet, some pens and my most used lip gloss of the moment. Left behind is usually loose change, candy, old chap sticks, receipts and coupons and gum packs that are almost gone. I then throw the old purse up in one of my bins in my closet.

The other day I was craving gum like none other. Like, I had to have a piece right then or I would end up eating my weight in chocoloate, and I really didn't want to resort to that. I began sifting through the diaper bag. No gum. I rumaged through my purse of the moment. No gum.

It was then that I had the thought to look through my old purses. There was bound to be some gum in one of them.

I went to my closet, stood on my tippy-toes and grabbed down all purses that I could reach.

I started looking through each one, and it was then that I found some great treasures that I had forgotten about, items that at one time, I felt weren't important enough to transfer over to my new purse.

....my Burt's Bees tinted lip gloss, a note pad, fruit snacks and trail mix, milky way minis,Tylenol, hair ties and clips ( I am always losing those), fingernail clippers even!

Seriously, it felt like Christmas all over again. I loved finding these little treasures. I loved finding old lip gloss and lotions that I had forgotten about, but now really felt I needed.

I hit the jackpot with my own stuff.

And yes, I even found some gum!

1 comment:

Mars said...

oh man, I do this all the time too! I take what i need when I change purses and then later I go back & find all sorts of treasures and wonder why I even left them there in the first place. Glad you hit the jackpot and even found the gum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails